Carmen Leon Astudillo, M.D.
Clinical Assistant Professor
Dr Leon Astudillo is a board certified pediatric pulmonologist. She received her medical degree from Universidad del Azuay, in Ecuador. After completing her pediatric residency at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, she trained in Pediatric Pulmonology at Boston Children’s Hospital. Dr Leon Astudillo joined University of Florida in 2018.
Fellowship –Pediatric Pulmonology
Boston Children’s Hospital/Harvard Medical School
Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center/ University of Cincinnati
Universidad del Azuay
- Aerodigestive disorders
- Neuromuscular diseases
- Technology dependent children
- Jimenez-Gomez A, Moreira DC, Leon-Astudillo C. Should I stay or should I go? International Medical Graduates in Pediatrics. JAMA Pediatr. 2019 Jan 22
- Leon-Astudillo C, Lee GS, Katwa U. An unusual cause of noisy breathing in an infant. Clin Sleep Med. 2019 Jan 15;15(1):149-152
- Jimenez-Gomez A, FitzGerald MR, Leon-Astudillo C, Gonzalez-del Rey J, Schubert CJ. Performance of International Medical Graduates in Pediatric Residency: A study of peer review and faculty perceptions. Acad Pediatr. 2018 Sep – Oct;18(7):728-732
- Acharige MJT, Koshy S, Ismail N, Aloum O, Jazaerly M, Astudillo CL, Koo S. Breath Based Diagnosis of Fungal Infections”. J Breath Res. 2018 Feb 6;12(2):027108
- Alcamo AM, Astudillo CL, Gray SB, Klein M. Uncovering a unique cause of parotitis in an adolescent. Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2016 Aug;55(9):880-2.