Xiefan Fang, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Research Associate
- Postdoctoral associate. Pediatrics, University of Florida (2012-present)
- Postdoctoral associate. Pediatrics, Yale University, 2012
- Ph.D. Pharmaceutical Sciences, the University of Mississippi, 2011
- B.S. Pharmaceutical Sciences, Sun Yat-sen University, 2007
- Assess acute and long term effects of in utero caffeine exposure on genome wide DNA methylation patterns.
- Examine effects of in utero caffeine exposure on gene expression and phenotypic changes in fetus and adults.
- Fang X., Dong W., Thornton C., and Willett K.L. Benzo(a)pyrene effects on glycine N-methyltransferase mRNA expression and enzyme activity in Fundulus heteroclitus embryos. Aquatic Toxicology. 2010 98(2): 130-138.
- Fang X., Dong W., Thornton C., Scheffler B., and Willett K.L. Benzo(a)pyrene induced glycine N-methyltransferase messenger RNA expression in Fundulus heteroclitus embryos. Marine Environmental Research. 2010 69: S74-S76.
- Bourassa E.A., Fang X. (joint first author), Li X., Sved A. F., Speth R.C. AT1 angiotensin II receptor and novel non-AT1, non-AT2 angiotensin II/III binding site in brainstem cardiovascular regulatory centers of the spontaneously hypertensive rat. Brain Research. 2010 1359: 98-106.
- Van Veenendaal N., Ulmer B., Boskovski M.T., Fang X., Khokha M.K., Wendler C.C., Blum M., and Rivkees S.A. Embryonic exposure to propylthiouracil disrupts left-right patterning in Xenopus embryos. FASEB J. 2012 Nov 12. In press.
- Fang X., Thornton C., Scheffler B.E., and Willett K.L. Benzo(a)pyrene decreases global and gene specific DNA methylation during zebrafish development. Accepted by Environmental Toxicology and Pharmacology.
- Fang X., Thornton C., Scheffler B.E., and Willett K.L. Global and gene specific DNA methylation changes during zebrafish development. Submitted.
- Buscariollo D.L., Fang X. (joint first author), Greenwood V., Xue H., Rivkees S.A., and Wendler C.C. Embryonic caffeine exposure acts via A1 adenosine receptors to alter adult cardiac function and DNA methyaltion. Submitted to FASEB journal.